WELCOME TO THE ENTERPRISE DEPARTMENT : BUSINESS, ECONOMICS, FINANCE, ACCOUNTING, And LEGAL SECRETARY
This is a highly successful and popular department at both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 level. The department aims to provide:
- an active and engaged academic community with a commitment to the success of our students
- a first-choice for option selection at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 level.
We are particularly committed to ensuring the equal access and equality of opportunity for all students, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, disability, cultural, or religious background on all of our courses.
The department has recently been relocated to newly modernised rooms within the new Sixth Form complex. In addition, we have extensive student support facilities on offer within the department including:
- Subject specific handbooks
- Revision notes, exam questions, videos and guidance on the school’s VLE
- Additional support sessions.
- Individual study and progress plans.
Staff are always on hand to offer exam support, advice and help with any aspect of the course being studied.
Results for the Enterprise courses within Key Stage 5 are superb and are in line with the top performing schools in the country. Student retention rates on all Sixth Form courses in our department are well above national average rates. In addition to this, our Key Stage Four results are also outstanding and are above national average statistics.
All staff are dedicated, subject specialists.
Head of Department > S Higham
Key Stage 4 co-ordinator and Subject specialist> J Cohen
Subject specialist > A Compelli
Subject specialist >T Ruston
Subject specialist >B Wylie
Headteacher and subject specialist > Mrs McGauley
We offer a full range of courses within the Enterprise Department to suit all academic abilities and vocational strengths.
The department offers a full range of courses to suit all ability levels and preferred assessment styles.
Key Stage 4
- GCSE Business Studies; Exam Board : Edexcel
- Business Enterprise ; Exam Board; NCFE.
- IFS Finance Level 2
Key Stage 5
- BTEC Level 3 in Business ; Edexcel
- A-Level Business ; Welsh Board
- A-Level Economics ; Edexcel
- AAT Accounting
- City and Guild Legal Secretary
- IFS Finance Level 3