Please note that our lettings facilities will remain closed for the autumn term and we are unable to take any new bookings.
This decision has not been taken lightly as serving our loyal hirers and community is something that we take pride in being able to do.
However the health and safety of our students, staff and all school visitors is our top priority. We will review this decision in December and let you know when we have an update on welcoming you back. Thank you for continued support.
At The King John school, we aim to provide a quality education for all.
Staff have high expectations of their students and themselves. They give willingly of their time and make use of high-quality resources to ensure the best outcomes for students.
As such, we take great care of our school site. We are continually improving and developing our facilities to support our wide-ranging curriculum and extra-curricular offer, in order to meet the academic, sporting and creative needs of our students.
Our school offers the following state-of-the-art facilities:
- A purpose-built assembly hall with tiered seating for 350, and professional light and sound systems;
- A traditional school theatre space seating 300;
- A well-stocked Learning Resource Centre with reading and computer facilities;
- A modern purpose-built sixth form centre with a well-equipped common room and an extensive private study area;
- A hair and beauty salon;
- A purpose-built humanities block with eight classrooms and conference room;
- A sports hall catering for football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, netball and badminton;
- An FA-approved and registered floodlit 3G multi-use games area;
- Two approved netball courts;
- A fitness suite with running and rowing machines and a free weight area;
- External playing fields for football, rugby and athletics;
- A dance studio
- Well-resourced science and design technology suites;
Letting our School Facilities
A range of facilities are available for the community to hire outside of our core school hours. We can host community lettings during these times:
- Monday to Friday: Term time between 6pm and 10pm
- Saturday: Term time between 8am and 4pm
(Please enquire for bookings during holiday periods.)
We are able to accept block bookings for fixed periods of time or for one off events.
Our facilities are suitable for sports clubs, dance groups, drama groups, training sessions including ICT, adult education, conference events and much more.
If you are interested in viewing our facilities, have further enquiries or would like to make a booking then please contact the Lettings Coordinator on 01702 426706 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.