Free Schools Meals
Applying for FSM
Due to the challenging circumstances at this time we are aware that some families may now be in a position to apply for FSM. Please follow the link on this page to check your eligibility and apply for your child to receive Free School Meals support.
Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
To find out if your child is entitled please follow the Free School Meals link.
You will usually qualify if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with no Working Tax Credit and have an income, as assessed by the Inland · Revenue, that does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA-IR)
Once free school meal entitlement has been established, a daily allowance of £2.40 is automatically added to your child’s catering account. This can be spent biometrically up until the close of the lunchtime break. Any unspent balance will then be cleared and the next day’s allowance added. (Please note that any spend after 2.30pm will automatically reduce the allocation for the following day.)Even if you child does not actually take the free lunch, we will receive a “Pupil Premium” which can be spent on a range of services – please click here to access our Pupil Premium 3 Year Strategy and Impact Report.