Sixth Form Admissions
We are delighted that you are considering applying to The King John Sixth Form.
Your 2020 Application Timeline
- Late September – Virtual Open Day available to view.
- Wednesday 14 October - Applications Open (made via the school website)
- Monday 9th November - course offer for September 2021 finalised
- Wednesday 2nd December - Application deadline
- Spring term - Subject Consultation meetings.
- April 2021 – Offers confirmed
- July 2021 – Induction Day
- August 2021 GCSE Results Day and enrolment into Sixth Form
Top Tips for your application
Please note the instructions for each of the different pathways and select only one subject from each block. You can mix and match A-level and BTEC subjects providing you do not select more than one subject from each block.
Do also look at subject specific entry requirements.
Please note Further Mathematics is only available to those students who are studying mathematics at A-level on the purple A pathway.
EPQ is encouraged as a fourth subject for those students in the Purple A pathway.
Core Maths is an AS Level that can be taken as an additional subject for those students that may need Maths in their future, for example those wishing to pursue Business, Economics, Geography or Psychology. This is not appropriate for students studying Maths A Level.
Good to Know
While every effort will be made to accommodate your choice of subjects, we cannot guarantee to run a subject if demand for it is too low to make it viable.
On results day we are happy to review your subject choices if you change your mind, subject to your examination performance and numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application form and please do not hesitate to contact the sixth form reception at email@example.com marked for the attention of Sixth Form if you have any queries.
Mr T Beal
Assistant Headteacher/Head of Sixth Form
- 6th Form Policy 2021 Entry
- 2020 Entry Frequently Asked Questions – CREAM GOES WITH PATHWAYS – FRONT TWO PAGES
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MASTER COPY OF GRADE REQUIREMENTS