Sixth Form Admissions
We are delighted that you are considering applying to The King John Sixth Form.
Your 2020 Application Timeline (for September 2021 start)
- July 2021 – Induction Day
- August 2021 GCSE Results Day and enrolment into Sixth Form
Your 2021 Application Timeline (for September 2022 start)
- [DATE TBC ] - Open Evening.
- Wednesday 13th October - Applications Open (forms available from the school website)
- Monday 8th November - course offer for September 2021 finalised
- Wednesday 1st December - Application deadline
- Spring term - Subject Consultation meetings.
- April 2022 – Offers confirmed
- July 2022 – Induction Day
- August 2022 GCSE Results Day and enrolment into Sixth Form
Top Tips for your application
Please note the instructions for each of the different pathways and select only one subject from each block. You can mix and match A-level and BTEC subjects providing you do not select more than one subject from each block.
Do also look at subject specific entry requirements.
Please note Further Mathematics is only available to those students who are studying mathematics at A-level on the Academic + pathway.
EPQ is encouraged as a fourth subject for those students in the Purple A pathway.
Core Maths is an AS Level that can be taken as an additional subject for those students that may need Maths in their future, for example those wishing to pursue Business, Economics, Geography or Psychology. This is not appropriate for students studying Maths A Level.
Good to Know
While every effort will be made to accommodate your choice of subjects, we cannot guarantee to run a subject if demand for it is too low to make it viable.
On results day we are happy to review your subject choices if you change your mind, subject to your examination performance and numbers.
We look forward to receiving your application form and please do not hesitate to contact the sixth form reception at email@example.com marked for the attention of Sixth Form if you have any queries.
Mr T Beal
Assistant Headteacher/Head of Sixth Form