We teach PSHE to:
- Ensure that all students have the opportunity to develop the skills needed to positively contribute to their local, national and global communities;
- Provide pupils with knowledge, skills and understanding to prepare them to play a full and active part in society.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society, ensuring they are fully prepared for life in modern Britain.
- Prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Complement the Core Values of the school, as well as supporting the school’s position as a Unicef Right’s Respecting School.
- Promote children and young people’s wellbeing (Wellbeing is defined in the Children Act 2004 as the promotion of physical and mental health; emotional wellbeing; social and economic wellbeing well-being; education, training and recreation; recognition of the contribution made by children to society; and protection from harm and neglect)
- Promote community cohesion.
- Ensure pupils understand how to keep themselves safe through the use of technology, and consider their impact on others.
- Enable learners to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to keep themselves healthy and safe, and prepared for life and work.
- Equip pupils with the skills and knowledge to explore political and social issues critically, to weigh evidence, debate and make reasoned arguments.
- Prepare pupils to take their place in society as responsible citizens, manage their money well and make sound financial decisions.
- Ensure pupils have the knowledge that will enable them to make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships and to build their self-efficacy.
Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 PSHE
PSHE Curriculum Intent
The King John School PSHE policy 2021-22
The King John School RSE Policy 2021-22