We teach Music to
- To Inspire and motivate students to develop personal expression.
- To engage, inspire and challenge students with technical and theoretical skills to read a range of notation in order to be confident composers and performers.
- To understand that Music reflects the culture and society we live in, and so the teaching and learning of music enables students to gain better understand the world they live in.
- To encourage students to develop as individual learners and as part of an ensemble
- To understand how music developed from Ancient Greece to the present day by recognising, applying and creating appropriate stylistic features and characteristics to these genres and eras, enabling the learner to recognise how a large number of music products and musical styles have been influenced by significant social and historical events in a global context.