We teach Media to
- Ensure our student are media literate; inquisitive & questioning
- Critical and autonomous thinkers
- Question Media texts: who made them? What is their agenda?
- Develop students highly skilled in digital technology
- Develop creativity
- Engage with, understand and be able to apply key concepts such as – ideology, spectatorship, narrative theories etc to media and film texts.
- Skill students in debate and put forth arguments in discursive essays, informed by academic writings.
- Prepare students for further studies, or working in media / film industries
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of different cultures and social, political, cultural and historical contexts
- Be analytical
- Be skilled essay writers.