We teach Film Studies to
- Developing analytical skills in terms of how elements of film, including performance, mise en scene, cinematography, editing and sound, create meaning.
- Debate: Constructing opinions, considering evidence and opinions found in critical writings on films.
- Develop creativity by producing original ideas (screenplays & film posters)
- Questioning who a film was made for? What is the intended response and what the range of responses might be to a film
- Improve essay writing skills when producing written analysis of films and key sequences.
- Create opportunities for students to build the necessary transferable and specific skills to work in the film industry.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of different cultures and social, political, cultural and historical contexts through a diverse range of films.
- Develop digital technology skills through specialist software e.g. Premiere video editing software, DSLR cameras and Celtx screenwriting software.