We teach English to
- Ensure everyone can read easily, fluently and with good understanding.
- Ensure all students can write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in, and for, a range of contexts, purposes and audiences.
- Develop the oracy skills of all learners so they can communicate clearly in a variety of different settings through presentations, debate and role play.
- Encourage curiosity around language through etymology providing the tools needed to decode all writing.
- Inspire and open minds to develop empathy for everyone in society by studying the contexts and settings surrounding a variety of different texts from different time periods.
- Enable students to express themselves creatively.
- Encourage the exploration of different cultures and perspectives to widen students’ horizons.