Pupil premium is funding provided to schools which is additional to main school funding.
It is allocated according to the number of students on-roll who are eligible for free school meals (FSM), ‘Looked After` (in care) and a smaller amount for the children of service personnel.
Funding was extended to all students in receipt of FSM for the last six years in 2012. If you feel that your child is eligible for the Pupil Premium but don’t currently claim for Free School Meals, please click here to access the Free School Meals information and link to the application website..
Pupil Premium is to be used to help students from families as described above, primarily to raise the attainment and close the gap between these students and those not entitled to this support. Nationally these students achieve at a level significantly below those not entitled on all key indicators. In 2019/2020 the school received £172,975 in respect of Pupil Premium. It is for schools to decide how the pupil premium is spent, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made. Schools are held accountable for these decisions. Please click the link on the below to download The King John School Pupil Premium 3 Year Strategy and Impact Report.
Pupil Premium at The King John School Summary
Number of students on roll (Years 7-11) (2020-21)
Number & percentage of pupils eligible for Pupil Premium
Total amount of the Pupil Premium
Due to the Corona Virus, the DfE have suggested the impact for the 2019/20 academic year can be completed at the end of the financial year (March 2021).
The Pupil Premium 3 Year Strategy and Impact Report features the following details:
- The context of our pupils;
- A summary of the main barriers for our pupil premium learners and the priorities for the next 3 years (2019-2022);
- Our strategy for our use of the pupil premium funding, including the intended impact of our strategy delivery over the next 3 years;
- A review of last year’s expenditure and the proposed spend for this year.
- The date of our next internal and external review.
- This is a live document and is updated with changes when required.