At The King John School our students have access to high quality resources to support our wide-ranging curriculum and vast opportunities in extra-curricular activities. We are continually looking to improve and develop our facilities to meet their academic, sporting and creative needs and to provide an environment that allows our students to reach their full potential.
Our school offers the following state-of-the-art facilities:
- A purpose-built assembly hall with tiered seating for 350, and professional light and sound systems;
- A traditional school theatre space seating 300;
- A well-stocked Learning Resource Centre with reading and computer facilities;
- A modern purpose-built sixth form centre with a well-equipped common room and an extensive private study area;
- A hair and beauty salon;
- A purpose-built humanities block with eight classrooms and conference room;
- A sports hall catering for football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, netball and badminton;
- An FA-approved and registered floodlit 3G multi-use games area;
- Two approved netball courts;
- A fitness suite with running and rowing machines and a free weight area;
- External playing fields for football, rugby and athletics;
- A dance studio;
- Well-resourced science and design technology suites;
- A traditional school gymnasium with one basketball court, suitable for Zumba, gymnastics, basketball, badminton, fitness classes and more.
Letting our School Facilities
A range of facilities are available for the community to hire outside of our core school hours. We can host community lettings during these times:
- Monday to Thursday:
Outdoor Facilities - Term time between 6pm and 9pm
Indoor Facilities - Term time between 6pm and 10pm
- Saturday: Term time between 8am and 2pm
(Please enquire for bookings during holiday periods and timings out of these hours.)
We are able to accept block bookings for fixed periods of time or for one off events.
Our facilities are suitable for sports clubs, dance groups, drama groups, training sessions including ICT, adult education, conference events, associated youth organisations and much more.
If you are interested in viewing our facilities, have further enquiries or would like to make a booking then please contact the Lettings Coordinator on 01702 426706 or email email@example.com.