Our Core Values
The King John Charter
Our Students Expect
- A stimulating, aspirational educational experience where they are and feel safe and happy, and which ensures their emotional wellbeing.
- A rich educational experience which creates opportunities for all regardless of background, and which allows them to achieve their best in a range of contexts. This enables them to gain a wide range of accreditation for skills and knowledge, and secure their destination of choice on leaving school.
- An enjoyable educational experience which instils a love of learning, and nurtures and enables them to develop as confident and resilient global citizens.
- A caring school that recognises them as individuals, and celebrates their success.
Our Parents Expect
- A stimulating, aspirational learning environment where students are and feel safe and happy.
- A rich educational experience which creates opportunities for all regardless of background, and which allows their children to achieve their best in a range of contexts. This enables students to gain a wide range of accreditation for skills and knowledge, and secure their destination of choice on leaving school.
- A caring environment where every child is treated as an individual, where developing their potential is central to success, and where each individual is allowed to flourish.
- Students to wear uniform properly, and be proud of their school.
Our Staff Expects
- Students who want to learn and who have high expectations of themselves and others.
- Students who continue learning outside school hours, who embrace the opportunities available, and who strive to achieve their best in a range of contexts.
- Parents to seek help and advice from the school if they or their children face challenging issues which might undermine the wellbeing and achievement of the children they care for.
- An environment in which the climate for learning is positive, and each individual can maximise their potential and achievement.
- Students to wear their uniform with pride, and be proud of their school.
Our Community Expects
- Our students and staff to be responsible, open-minded citizens who respect the school and local environment.
- Our students and staff to be aware of the planet’s limited resources, and to manage resources and waste with diligence and care.
- A diverse range of competent accomplished school leavers ready and equipped to contribute to the community and society.
- Governance to ensure a safe and high quality educational experience for all by monitoring, evaluating, supporting and challenging the work of the school, and holding leaders to account, while ensuring that the value of our young people is celebrated.