Welcome Message from the Headteacher
Dr Margaret Wilson
My name is Margaret Wilson and I am the headteacher at The King John School. We are very proud of our school and of our students. The school’s reputation in the area is second to none and that is because of the achievements of our students and the ethos of the school.
In our school we’re about being caring and supportive – treating all of our students like one big happy family. That means having the highest expectations for all of our youngsters.
We demonstrate this through our fantastic results as well as our wonderful music, dance and drama performances which you can enjoy throughout the year. Add to this our sporting expertise which puts us at the top of the county and national championships in a whole range of sport and you will see that we have a lot to offer.
We have a dedicated 6th Form which was significantly extended in September 2014 to provide a wealth of facilities. The majority of our students go on to higher education and students have been successful in their applications for Oxford and Cambridge as well as other Russell Group universities.
I hope this website will give you a flavour of the school as well as all the information you need to know.
The School Ethos
- To provide a quality educational experience for all students and staff
- To create a culture of high expectations for staff and students
- To raise standards of achievement for all students and
staff through creating a learning-focused school
- Combine the art of teaching with the science of learning
- To build leadership capacity and capability
- To become a learning community